the letter what i wrote
I figure, if we're going to use this to keep track of visa tribulations, we can use this to keep track of wedding tribulations as well.An email I just sent off to a Ms. A. Lemmon (I'm not making this up), assistant to the director of Tourism and Cultural Heritage for the Greater Pittsburgh Convention and Visitors' Bureau:
Dear Ms. Lemmon,
I'm terribly sorry if this is completely the wrong place to look but I've been looking for information and I thought the CVB might be the place to go. Hopefully you can help or at least point me in the right direction!
Basically, I'm a Beaver County native, but I've been living in London, England for three years. I recently became engaged and my fiancé and I would like to be married in Pittsburgh rather than the UK in October 2007. So I suppose I have three questions: first, is there a list of venues in Pittsburgh who do weddings/receptions? Also, we will have a good amount of people travelling into Pittsburgh from both other states and from England itself, and I wanted to know if there is also a list of hotels who will do pre-booking for a large number of hotel rooms in the Pittsburgh area. Most importantly, are there any major events planned in Pittsburgh for either October 12-14 or October 19-21? We would like to do it on one of those weekends, but after seeing all the brouhaha surrounding the All-Star Game I figured it would be prudent to ask in advance if there would be anything major in the city happening those weekends--I don't want to coincide with a huge convention or sporting event that would make it really difficult to make both lodging and travel arrangements for our out-of-town guests.
I apologise for the barrage of questions, but I wasn't sure where to turn and I hope that even if you can't help you can at least point me in the direction of who would be able to answer these questions for me. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this; I appreciate it and look forward to any response you may have.
Sincerely,
Wendeline Wright


<< Home