its 2 am and im drinking a watered-down margarita.
ok so there's this meme. a "life soundtrack" meme and basically what it is, you put on your music player of choice and for each moment, you name the songs that come up on random on your player, and that is the soundtrack to your life. no skipping for other songs! here, i shall demonstrate with the assistance of the up-and-running El Jukebox!Opening Theme: "Hang On To Your Ego" The Beach Boys
Waking Up: "Beechwood 4-5789" The Marvelettes (a very nice old-school girl group soul song, like the supremes, very appropriate in its own way)
Falling in Love: "She Blinded Me With Science" Thomas Dolby (hahahahah!!!!)
Fight Scene: "The Ballad of Ira Hayes" Johnny Cash
Breaking Up: "Hallelujah" Jeff Buckley (if i ever got dumped to that, well, i would just kill myself)
Getting Back Together: "Lazy Flies" Beck (haha, bad omen.)
Secret Love: "Take the A-Train" Duke Ellington (wow, my life is sooooo woody allen.)
Life's Okay: "Landslide" Fleetwood Mac (eeeeeeerily appropriate.)
Mental Breakdown: "Another Travelin' Song" Bright Eyes (yeahhhh, if anything was ever going to make me lose my mind, it would be Conor Oberst. What is this even doing in my jukebox? I blame Wilco.)
Driving: "Fool to Cry" Rolling Stones (when this came up my jaw dropped--I don't even have the words for how many times I have actually driven around to this at night, windows down, feeling slightly sorry for myself and the reflection of my cigarette in the windshield.)
Sex Scene: "Rabbit" Chas & Dave (OMG HOLD ON WHILE I GO PEE MYSELF.... you got a lot without a doubt but im thinkin bout blowin you out, COZZZZZZZZZ.....)
Flashback: "One on One" Hall and Oates (I'm pretty sure Hall and Oates are a giant flashback themselves.)
Partying: "Jack-ass" Beck (not really a party song? but actually pretty appropriate if you were, say, watching the party as a removed narrator...)
Happy Dance: "Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da" The Beatles (I could not make this shit up if I tried)
Regretting: "What It Feels Like For a Girl" Madonna (I'm not ashamed)
Long Night Alone: "Work It" Missy Elliott (soooooo not appropriate.)
Climax: "Look What You've Done" Jet (not bad, that's a sad climax though. maybe a bad omen that the climax in the movie of my life is set to sad music.)
Death Scene: "I Believe in Sympathy" Bright Eyes (which is really, really appropriate)
Ending Credits: "What You Waiting For" Gwen Stefani
Hidden Scene: "Oxygen" Bjork
But in any case, as I was looking at this meme earlier, I was thinking, if you finished your 1994 CD, this could be your next project--the soundtrack of your life, but without the silly randomness--something that, if you could do it, would actually be the soundtrack of your life with all of these moments. There's 20 moments up there, and I was thinking you could take the next week and a half to sit at home with your CDs and jukebox and actually come up with the definitive soundtrack to Dave's Life. I think that would be awesome, and if you're interested I can do one for you when I get home. But yeah. I'd really like that to be your next project because I'm extremely interested in the results--and maybe you could even do like... almost like an explanation of why you picked each song, like a written commentary to accompany the CD. That would be the best present for me to come home to, I think..
Anyway I miss you like burning.
240 hours
lof,
your leetle leezard.


<< Home