Friday, September 2

i'm telling you that for nothing

Okay, I don't have much time as I am technically supposed to be on the road up to camp right now, but I wanted to update quickly before I went.

It's an absolutely beautiful day today. It's been raining like nonstop since I got home, so I welcome the warm weather; the sky is totally clear, the sun is shining, and I am SURROUNDED by grass and trees! I had no idea how awesome I would find that after living in south London all this time. I seriously sat outside on the porch at my dad's for two or three hours today, listening to El Jukebox, watched the wind blow, and was totally blown away by how bloody green everything is. It's almost too green, like unnaturally, like something in a painting other than real life. But I suppose the colours of real life are much sharper than the colours you recall in your head. If that makes any sense.

So anyway I'm about to leave here to make the two hour long drive up to camp, and I'm by myself tonight which is awesome because every time we've gone up to camp since I've gotten home I've had to drive Mac up there and while I love my little brother he tends to babble when we're in the car and I feel the need to listen to music he likes. Now I can just chill, open up the sun roof, and listen to whatever I feel like as I cruise at 80-90 mph up Rt 60....

So I just wanted you to know I love you. I don't know when you'll get this because I know you have things going on this weekend, and I'm sorry I wasn't home last night to talk to you but work ended up running way later than planned. But now we are done with the kitchen, everyone's happy, and I'll be up at camp until Sunday night and will be incommunicado Monday as I plan to chill with my dad for the last time until you get here...

God. You will be here so bloody soon... In approximately 196 hours, as a matter of fact. Christ, less than 200 hours now. I am so excited.... I absolutely cannot wait to see you. In fact, in a week at this time I will probably be up at camp, and I will most likely be so freaking excited that I will get on everyone's nerves and they'll be telling me to shut up all the time and I won't care because my boyfriend is coming, my boyfriend is coming, my boyfriend is coming!!!

Love you, miss you, want you, lust after you, and everything else that comes with being a girl in love.


W


ps and seriously, please remember to give me the details of your flight! i keep forgetting whenever i talk to you.